Solid Waste Characterization and Development of Appropriate Management Inclusive Treatment, Resource Recovery and Disposal for West-Zone Bangalore, India
|Leitung:||PD Dr.-Ing. habil. Dirk Weichgrebe|
|Bearbeitung:||Moni Mohan Mondal, M.Sc.|
|Laufzeit:||01/2015 - 12/2016|
|Förderung durch:||Electronics City Industrial Township Authority (ELCITA), Bangalore, India|
The aim of the project is to characterize municipal solid waste generated in West-Zone of Bangalore city and to develop appropriate management inclusive treatment option, resource recovery and end disposal solution for the same.
An effective and value added chain solution can be reached through following progress stages and strategies:
- Gathering of statistical robust primary data of MSW
- method development, application and training
- stratified sampling and waste characterization by size, categories as well as chemical and stabilization analysis
- Understanding of the current waste generation, collection and transport to reduce the illegal dumped waste increase the collection rate,
- Development and construction of time-limited landfill capacities to collect and dispose the illegal dumped waste as well as for the collected waste with the option for waste recovery,
- Development and construction of waste treatment facilities accompanied by the systematic development of recycling markets, and
- Development and implementation of standards and regulatory measures as well as monitoring, documentation, licencing, proof methods etc.
- The Forward Foundation, Bangalore India
- wasteconsult international, Langenhagen